- Serves as a supportive and inclusive community of progressive younger women in the DC metro area
- Provides programming and activities to educate and engage younger women on the issues that affect their lives and communities
- Connects members with opportunities for direct action addressing women’s issues
- Fosters younger women’s leadership and involvement in the women’s movement
Monthly Happy Hours! Join us Friday, Feb 17th: Come learn about upcoming activities and events, and grab a drink fellow members. Newcomers welcome! Third Friday of every month, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.Group Activities: Each month we host or participate in group activities including participating in local events like Yoga On The Mall, happy hours, volunteer activities like Everything But The Turkey and group outings like attending a performance of the Vagina Monologues.
Programs: We plan and coordinate speaking engagements, panel discussions and group activities to educate our members and provide ways for them to become more involved in their community. Recent programs include: a discussion with Dr. Cristian Dezsö of the University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of business on his research about the positive effects of women in senior business management and participation in the Pixel Project's Paint It Purple Campaign where we hosted a cupcake decorating party and heard from 3 representatives of local women's shelters and organizations: Ramona's Way, the District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH) and the DC Coalition Against Domestic Violence (DCCADV).
Cheers to Choices: Now entering its 5th year, Cheers to Choices is our annual fundraiser where we partner with a local organization to highlight an issue affecting young women. Proceeds benefit our partner organization and YWTF:DC's work throughout the year. Click Here for information on Cheers to Choices.
Past Activities and Events Include:
- “All Our Voices: An Intergenerational Discussion on Feminism” and "Women, Disability, and Feminism."
- A “Helping Happy Hour” for Domestic Violence Awareness Month benefiting District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH) and Doorways for Women and Families.
- Resume editing swap and job search discussion.
- Self-defense workshop with Defend Yourself.
- Annual participation in AIDS Walk Washington.